I am in shock. Tom Wode Bellman has emailed me. And if that alone isn't absolutely fantastic news, I think I have just served as a go-between to arrange a writing gig for him. I'm not in a position to write about that yet, but as soon as I have the green light, I'll let you know. I will say that the writing gig is a foreword to a collection by a major science fiction writer. Let's hope it pans out.
Tom is alive and well. He wanted me to post the following message:
Greetings, readers (if any) of The Unofficial Tom Wode Bellman Blog. I must say it startled--and I confess somewhat frightened--me to find a website devoted to me and my writings. As I haven't written anything in over a decade, I thought I would be long forgotten by now, if I had ever been remembered at all. However, seeing this site and the listing of my novels and many of my stories, has also exhilarated me. Though I am retired, and haven't picked up a pen or pounded the keys for many years, I feel that familiar tingling urge rise up in me again, although it may just be acid reflux. But who knows? Stranger things have happened, like finding a blog devoted to the obscure science-fiction writer Tom Wode Bellman. In any case, thank you for visiting, and thank you Gregory, for remembering.
Tom Wode Bellman
No comments:
Post a Comment